Thursday 15 March 2018

The Mushloonz - part 1 - Bolet Ghosteater, Fungoid Cave-Shaman

Bolet Ghosteater waddled through the stinking mud toward Wortbad. It had been raining for two weeks and the road was almost impassable, but it was only a mile or two to the village now. Something had gone wrong with hi portal though and he muttered to himself and cursed his luck: he was supposed to have appeared in the town square. Now not only was his grand entrance ruined, his feet would be too. The Fungoid Cave-Shaman had foreseen all this, of course, but that didn’t make the bitter disappointment any less unbearable.



I'm not 100% happy with his face, so I might do a little more work before I call him finished, but this is good enough for today's game!











~ 🕱 ~

Some WIP pics - these were before greenstuff - I didn't take any before undercoating as I only had two evenings left to paint after building him! I built the mushroom stem from his head, filled the gaps between his new face and his original ears, and added a leather strap to attach the crossed bones to the staff.











4 comments:

  1. The new face is way better than the original. I like this Squig better too. More mushrooms was a great idea for the base. The real kicker is the skull design on top of his hat. Really takes it up a level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this model to begin with, but once I had the idea of the skull-and-crossbones on the staff the rest sort of fell into place and I really enjoyed working on him!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see a different take on the Malign Portents kit. Top stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!
      David has also done a Kharadron version of the Lord Ordinator, you can see it in my latest post (21st March). =D

      Delete